Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mr. Science

Again, this is more Mr. Men fanfic. I hope you like it.

Mr. Science

Do you like Science? Do you like Science as much as Mr. Science does? Mr. Science loves Science. In fact, Mr. Science loves everything about Science.

---

Mr. Science lives in Progress Cottage, a futuristic looking house near to Mr. Clever in Clevertown. You can often tell that Mr. Science is up to something by loud noises now and then, and sometimes by the smoke rising from his cottage!

Mr. Science is always working on new inventions, and always puts on a clean, fresh, lab coat every day.

---

One day, Mr. Science had a visitor. He didn't know he had a visitor, as he had insisted on knocking the shed door instead of the front door. It was Mr. Muddle, and he had a concerned look on his face.

Mr. Science welcomed Mr. Muddle inside.

---

"How can I help you?" asked Mr. Science.

Mr. Muddle handed Mr. Science a letter explaining his problem. You see, Mr. Muddle has the habit of saying things the wrong way around, and doing the opposite of what people ask him to do. So, he asked a friend to write him a letter, explaining exactly the opposite of what Mr. Muddle told him!

---

The letter read:

"Dear Mr. Science,

I wondered if there was a way you could create a door into a parallel universe, to see if there is an opposite of me there. Maybe my opposite can help me to do things the right way round, and say things the right way round.

Yours,

Mr. Muddle"

---

Mr. Science thought. And thought some more.

"Yes, I would love t-" and then he remembered Mr. Muddle's way of understanding things.

"No, I would hate to give this a go. This is the dullest, most uninteresting idea I've had for ages. Maybe you should go home, and not stay to help me build the machine.

Mr. Muddle agreed to stay, and together they put together a machine to travel to a parallel universe.

---

Mr. Science activated the machine, and a window appeared into another world, looking kind of like this one...

Without hesitation, they went on through.

---

They exited into what looked like a magician's laboratory. Into the room came a man, looking like Mr. Science, but dressed as a wizard.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my house? I'm a powerful wizard, you know!" demanded the wizard.

---
Mr. Science calmly replied.


"I'm Mr. Science, and this is Mr. Muddle. We have entered your world through a magic door into a parallel universe.

"Interesting. Well, my name is Mr. Magic. I suppose I'm your opposite here. As for this strange fellow, I don't know who or where his opposite is here. I suggest you go and explore!"

---

For days and days, they explored the parallel universe. They met some interesting characters on the way.

They met Mr. Fit, who looked kind of like Mr. Greedy, only much slimmer and much much more musclier.

"I know, let's go for a fifty kilometre run, followed by weightlifting and swimming. And for afters, lots and lots of yoga!"

As you would have guessed, they gave this offer a miss, so Mr. Fit went off on his run all by himself!

---

They also met Mr. Cough, who coughed and coughed like Mr. Sneeze sneezed. They told him to see a doctor!

He did not look very well!

---

They also met Mr. Careful, who looked like Mr. Bump, but without any bandages!

They also could not miss Mr. Huge, who was much more noticeable than Mr. Small.

And Mr. Generous was much more of a nicer fellow than Mr. Mean!

---

Even where Mr. Men thought they had their opposites in their own world, they even had opposites here.

For example, Mr. Fussy and Mr. Clumsy's opposites were Mr. Laid-Back and Mr. Graceful.

And, for example, Mr. Busy and Mr. Slow's opposites where Mr. Idle and Mr. Speedy.

---

They appeared to have asked everyone, but Mr. Muddle's opposite was nowhere to be seen. They even asked Mr. Know-it-all, Mr. Forgetful's opposite, but even he didn't know.

---

Not even the Little Misses could help. Not the least Little Miss Rainfall, Miss Sunshine's opposite, who was far too depressed.

---

Little Miss Magic's opposite, Miss Science could also not help, though she and Mr. Science had an interesting conversation about, well, Science!

And even Little Miss Unlucky did not have the misfortune to have bumped into Mr. Muddle's opposite.

---

Disappointed, they went home. Having explained their journey to Mr. Magic, they went back through the portal.

It was an interesting journey meeting all of the opposites here, but sadly, no opposite of Mr. Muddle to be found!

They went back home into their own universe...

---

And standing there to greet them, was a man who looked like Mr. Muddle, but entirely the right way round!

"I've been waiting here for days! Have you been looking for me? I came through just as the magic door had opened." said the mysterious man.

"We must have crossed over at exactly the same time! But what is your name?"

"My name is Mr. Organised. I'm guessing this young fellow is my opposite who wanted to find me. Well, let's see if I can help, I've got this plan ready made for this sort of thing, so let's begin!"

Eventually, Mr. Organised went home, but this wasn't the end of adventures in the parallel world...

No comments:

Post a Comment